logging into user mailboxes with admin credentials

Noam Birnbaum noam at maccentricsolutions.com
Tue Aug 18 22:11:02 UTC 2015

Hey folks,

We are planning a migration away from Dovecot (sorry) to Google Apps and
are trying to figure out how to migrate the contents of user mailboxes
to the new provider. Normally we would use an IMAP migration tool to log
into each user's mailbox on the old and new providers and transfer the
data that way.

However, there is no central directory service; all accounts are local.
We have a large number of users and for both management and security
reasons it's not feasible to compile a list of all IMAP passwords.

Is there a way to log into user IMAP accounts on Dovecot using a central
administrative credential?

Thanks!

Warmest and bestest,
Noam