Mailbox can't be created

Paulo Matos paulo at matos-sorge.com
Thu Aug 27 11:49:04 UTC 2015

On 27/08/15 12:46, Paulo Matos wrote:
> On 27/08/15 10:42, Muzaffer Tolga Ozses wrote:
>> Please check permissions as this sounds like a permissions issue m
>
> I am confused then. /home/vmail/Maildir is 700 for vmail:vmail. If
> dovecot-lda runs as vmail then there's no problem, if it runs as root it
> shouldn't face problems either.
>
> How can I determine which user dovecot-lda runs under?

Doh, it says on the line I quoted earlier from master.cf:
dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
     flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -f
${sender} -a ${recipient} -d ${user}@${nexthop} -m PreINBOX

It runs under vmail:vmail. There should be no problem creating a new
mailbox.

Is there a way to understand what's really going on with dovecot?