Mailbox can't be created

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Aug 27 17:55:36 UTC 2015

Am 27.08.2015 um 13:46 schrieb Paulo Matos:
> On 27/08/15 10:42, Muzaffer Tolga Ozses wrote:
>> Please check permissions as this sounds like a permissions issue m
>
> I am confused then. /home/vmail/Maildir is 700 for vmail:vmail. If
> dovecot-lda runs as vmail then there's no problem, if it runs as root it
> shouldn't face problems either.

That statement is not correct nowadays as UNIX permissions aren't all
any longer. There are tools like AppArmor and in your case with Fedora
there is SELinux preventing even actions by root user.

Make sure the SELinux context fits. "/home/vmail" and the subfolder
"Maildir" has to be SELinux labeled correctly.

ausearch -m avc

> How can I determine which user dovecot-lda runs under?
>
> Thanks,

Alexander