Master user without pass=yes error

Thomas HUMMEL hummel at pasteur.fr
Mon Feb 2 17:22:04 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 05:55:26PM +0100, Thomas HUMMEL wrote:

> I just tried the master user feature with a very simple setup (Dovecot v2.2.15) :

Also, the documentation states that :

"pass=yes" doesn't work with "LDAP with auth_bind=yes, because both of them
require knowing the user's password."

This sound strange to me since I thought "auth_bind=yes" purpose was only to
verify the user password. So, although I understand the need to have the user
password to bind to LDAP as the user himself, I thought userdb attributes (and
thus the existence or not of the user, i.e. the purpose of "pass=yes") weren't
retrieved with a username/password LDAP bind, even with auth_bind=yes.

Thanks.

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Groupe Exploitation et Infrastructure