Per-protocol ssl_protocols settings

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Mon Feb 2 22:08:50 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I have a question regarding the "ssl_protocols" parameter.

I understand that editing the 10-ssl.conf file I can set the
ssl_protocols variable as required.
At the same time, I can edit a single protocol file (eg: 20-pop3.conf)
to set the ssl_protocols for a specific protocol/listener.

I wander if (and how) I can create a different listener for another POP3
instance, for example listening on port 10995, and using another
ssl_protocol setting.

In short, I would like to create a different, firewalled pop3s service
enabling the SSLv3 stack, while disabling it at system-wide settings.

I am able to successfully create a new listener for port 10995, but I
don't understand how to associate the ssl_protocols value to the new
listener. Simply putting the ssl_protocols value into the listener
section give me a configuration error.

Thank you all.

--
Danti Gionatan