AW: Resubmission after N days

André Peters andre.peters at debinux.de
Wed Feb 4 06:26:07 UTC 2015

Hi,
Sounds to me like it can be implemented using sieve.
Something like "if is in inbox & is read & is older than n days; then mark as unread".
But this means you need to redeliever this mail somehow. Maybe like this: http://serverfault.com/questions/418681/run-sieve-on-maildir (http://serverfault.com/questions/418681/run-sieve-on-maildir)
Regards

André
Am Mi., Febr. 4, 2015 07:02 schrieb Thomas Güttler :
Hi,

I would like to implement a 43Folder system[1] with dovecot and a mail user agent.

Use case:

- I have a new mail in my inbox. I read it and see that I can't handle it now. I want to handle this mail in 5 days.
- Now I want to have some sort of resubmission: the mail should be moved to a different location for these 5 days.
- After 5 days the mail should be moved to my inbox again.

How can this be done with Dovecot/IMAP?

I have programming experience, but I am new to Dovecot/IMAP.

I would like solve this with Dovecot only (without a database or web server).

Does the IMAP protocol over methods which could help?

[1] 43Folder https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tickler_file (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tickler_file)

--
http://www.thomas-guettler.de/ (http://www.thomas-guettler.de/)