dovecot.index.log in Maildir/cur

George Sexton georges at mhsoftware.com
Wed Feb 4 17:02:23 UTC 2015

I'm seeing two bogus messages appearing my Maildir/cur directory.
They're dovecot.index.log and dovecot-uidlist.

-rw------- 1 gsexton users  51 Feb  4 09:04 Maildir/cur/dovecot-uidlist:2,S
-rw------- 1 gsexton users 244 Feb  4 09:04 Maildir/cur/dovecot.index.log

These files are only appearing in the Maildir/cur directory, and not in
any other directory that mail is delivered to (e.g. mail list directories).

I'm using the current version of Mozilla Thunderbird as my mail client.

Mail is delivered to Maildir/ by procmail.

I was originally using Courier, but changed to dovecot. I did run the
conversion program on all the mail boxes.

Other than these

If anyone could help me understand what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate
it. I've researched the mail list and read the wiki articles, but I'm
just not seeing anything that looks helpful.

Here's my config info:

# 2.2.13: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 3.16.7-7-default x86_64 openSUSE 13.2 (x86_64) -> File System: btrfs

mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave
namespace inbox {
   inbox = yes
   location =
   mailbox Drafts {