dsync and smooth conversion of Maildir to mdbox

Sven Strickroth sven at cs-ware.de
Fri Feb 6 10:36:35 UTC 2015

Hi,

I was experimenting with dsync for Maildir to mdbox conversion.

Two isses arised there:
* "subscriptions" only contained subscriptions of that namespace, all
others were lost - Is there any configuration missing on my side?

* "dovecot-acl-list" and "dovecot-acl" shares/permissions were not
synced; UPDATE: if I also add "acl" to "mail_plugins" when running dsync
(using -o mail_plugins="acl zlib") it works, however, all documentation,
e.g. the wiki2, only mention to add acl to lmtp/lda and imap services. -
Is there any problem adding acl to "global" mail_plugins?

Regarding shared namespace: I cannot convert all mailboxes at once and
have to do it mailbox after mailbox. The setting "location =
maildir:%%h/Maildir" won't work as some mailboxes are already converted
and others aren't. Is there a way to cope with that?

"doveconf -n" outout:
# 2.2.13: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 3.16-0.bpo.3-amd64 x86_64 Debian 7.8
dict {
  acldict = mysql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-user_shares.conf
  quotadict = mysql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-quota.conf
}
mail_gid = 8
mail_location = maildir:%h/Maildir
mail_plugins = quota zlib
mail_privileged_group = mail
mail_shared_explicit_inbox = yes
mail_uid = 999
namespace {
  list = children
  location = maildir:%%h/Maildir
  prefix = shared/%%u/
  separator = /
  subscriptions = no
  type = shared
}
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  list = yes
  location =
  prefix =
  separator = /
  subscriptions = yes
  type = private
}
passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/79p-sql.conf
  driver = sql
}
plugin {
  acl = vfile
  acl_anyone = allow
  acl_shared_dict = proxy::acldict
  quota = dict:user::proxy::quotadict
  quota_grace = 0
  quota_rule2 = Trash:bytes=+100M
}
protocols = " imap lmtp"
service auth {
  unix_listener auth-userdb {
    group = mail
    mode = 0660
    user = vmail
  }
}
service dict {
  unix_listener dict {
    group = mail
    mode = 0660
    user = vmail
  }
}
service lmtp {
  unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
    mode = 0600
    user = postfix
  }
  user = vmail