Resubmission after N days

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Fri Feb 6 11:12:03 UTC 2015

On 04. feb. 2015 07:01, Thomas Güttler wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I would like to implement a 43Folder system[1] with dovecot and a mail user agent.
>
> Use case:
>
> - I have a new mail in my inbox. I read it and see that I can't handle it now. I want to handle this mail in 5 days.
> - Now I want to have some sort of resubmission: the mail should be moved to a different location for these 5 days.
> - After 5 days the mail should be moved to my inbox again.
>
> How can this be done with Dovecot/IMAP?
>
> I have programming experience, but I am new to Dovecot/IMAP.
>
> I would like solve this with Dovecot only (without a database or web server).
>
> Does the IMAP protocol over methods which could help?
>

> [1] 43Folder https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tickler_file

I would abandon this tack. Inspiration for a different angle: When I
right-click a mail in the Icedove (Thunderbird) I am offered to convert
the mail into an event or a task. A possible work flow would be to have
a single "postponed" folder (also known as mailbox) , and move stuff
into there while at the same time converting them to tasks/events.

This functionality has been fragile in the past, in that certain
contents in the mail would render the event/task invalid. Combination of
bugs in the conversion from regular email and the reading of calendar
info in my case (davical networked calendar).

I think that any effort on your part would be better spent testing and
polishing a solution involving some kind of calendar backend.