Geting mail quota exceeded with plenty of space

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Feb 9 22:27:12 UTC 2015

On 02/09/2015 04:04 PM, Bertrand Caplet wrote:
>> that was it.  Emptied trash and mail flowing.  How is the message #
>> quota managed?  I never encountered it before.
>>
>> But don't have time today to dig into it.  conference call coming up.
> You might have messages quota configured somewhere.
> And for :
>> doveadm(root): Fatal: Unknown command 'quota', but plugin quota
>> exists. Try to set mail_plugins=quota
> See http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Quota/Configuration you might haven't
> enabled quota plugin somewhere.

/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-quota.conf

connect = host=localhost dbname=postfix user=postfix password=*******
map {
   pattern = priv/quota/storage
   table = quota2
   username_field = username
   value_field = bytes
}
map {
   pattern = priv/quota/messages
   table = quota2
   username_field = username
   value_field = messages
}

/etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf

driver = mysql
connect = host=localhost dbname=postfix user=postfix password=*******
default_pass_scheme = MD5-CRYPT
password_query = SELECT username as user, password,
concat('/home/vmail/', maildir) as userdb_home,
concat('maildir:/home/vmail/', maildir) as userdb_mail, 101 as
userdb_uid, 12 as userdb_gid FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u' AND
active = '1'
user_query = SELECT concat('/home/vmail/', maildir) as home,
concat('maildir:/home/vmail/', maildir) as mail, 101 AS uid, 12 AS gid,
CONCAT('*:messages=10000:bytes=', quota) as quota_rule FROM mailbox
WHERE username = '%u' AND active = '1'

Well there it is, clear as day.  messages=10000

Guess I can increase that.  I suspect I will have to restart dovecot....