examples of shared shared-mailboxes.db

André Peters andre.peters at debinux.de
Fri Feb 13 08:03:55 UTC 2015

Hi Kevin,
You don't put anything into it by yourself.
This file only helps Dovecot to lookup shares to prevent iterating
through every users mailbox.
When you create a share, Dovecot places a plain-text entry inside this
file. When a user logs in, Dovecot asks its acl "database" in whose mail
directory it should look for a share.

An entry could look like this:
shared/shared-boxes/user/shared-for-user at domain.tld/shared-by at domain.tld

You don't have to put a .db ending to that file. You could name it
shares.txt, too. Important: "file:".

André