Howto NTML

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Fri Feb 13 13:54:57 UTC 2015

  Quoting Mark Foley <mfoley at novatec-inc.com>:

> Has anyone gotten NTLM working with Dovecot and Outlook?
>
> I have a Samba4 domain controller / active directory running just fine
> on Linux
> Slackware64 14.1.  PLAIN authenticiation works just fine if I create
> /etc/passwd
> accounts for the domain users.
>
> I'd really love to have AD authentication working on this setup!
> --Mark

(whoops misfired)

I can't help with the full setup - but if you have to create /etc/passwd
accounts, it sounds like you need to update  /etc/nsswitch.conf to include
Samba lookups: passwd:         files winbind group:          files winbind
## only available on IRIX: use winbind to resolve hosts: # hosts:
files dns winbind ## All other NSS enabled systems should use
libnss_wins.so like this: hosts:          files dns winsCentrify had an
awesome package that did all the work for you.  Not sure if that's still
available.

Rick