doveadm deduplicate commands

Jiri Bourek bourek at thinline.cz
Fri Feb 13 15:15:13 UTC 2015

On 13.2.2015 15:54, Kevin Laurie wrote:
> Hello,
> I just migrated my emails from gmail using getmail.
> In the process I got some emails that have been doubled or tripled
> How do I run the doveadm command to delete copies of same emails?
>
> I tried running the following:-
> doveadm deduplicate -u user at domain.net inbox
>
> but I get error:-
> doveadm(root): Fatal: Unknown argument INBOX
>
> Could someone share some way to automatically remove duplicated messages?
>
> Thanks
> Kevin

See documentation - man doveadm-deduplicate and man doveadm-search-query
should be enough. I'm guessing you're missing "MAILBOX" in the command.

Also when using deduplicate on my servers, it usually doesn't remove
every duplicate on first run and needs to be executed repeatedly. Not
sure if it's Debian version's (2.2.13) bug or an upstream one. YMMV