curious when certain patches might become part of a release

Benjamin Connelly ben at electricembers.coop
Fri Feb 13 18:38:48 UTC 2015

> >> you have to ask this question the FreeBSD maintainer of the Dovecot
> >> package.
> >
> > But the FreeBSD ports tree is up to the latest 2.2.15 -- yet we were
> > still experiencing the panics, and had to apply those patches. So I'm
> > wondering more about what version release of Dovecot itself will include
> > those mbox sync patches. . .
> >
> >   Ben
> >
> Do you mind to open a PR in the FreeBSD Bugzilla?

Sorry, I think my naive question about the Dovecot development process
has lead us astray. The bug wasn't specific to FreeBSD (or the FreeBSD
port.) It's apparently fixed by 31262a892ba7 and 80ed82a93c1a so I was
just wondering how Dovecot development works: should we expect these
patches to be a part of 2.3 when it's released? Or might they appear in
a 2.2.16 or somesuch?

 Benjamin