Cannot delete folders from Maildir in only one account

Christian Vielhauer c.vielhauer at me.com
Tue Feb 17 11:09:57 UTC 2015

Hi Steffen
thanks for your reply.

I found that permissions of some folders are different than others…
After chmod all permissions to the same go= permissions, it works.

No matter what happens to generate different permissions for only this one account.
Because all other accounts are correct.

I will have a look at this from time to time.
As soon it not happens agains this thread is solved.

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015, Christian Vielhauer wrote:

> I try to delete the folder „test" from Thunderbird 31.4.0 (Win), Webmail (Sogo 2.2.16), or Mail 8.2 (Mac Yosemite), but I am not able to delete in this account.
> Nevertheless I am able to create new folders. These new folders are not deleteable, too.

What's the returned description sctring, if you try to delete the folder
manually via telnet?

> dovecot 2.2.9 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit
>
> In /var/log/mail.{err,log} I cannot see any errors.

What does Dovecot log? It usually logs to somewhere else.

> In another account it works without any problems. (create and delete folders)

- --
Steffen Kaiser