Help with archive server

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Tue Feb 17 14:09:54 UTC 2015

Am 17.02.2015 um 13:50 schrieb Joy:
> Hi,
>      I want to build a system where 6 months old mail to be moved to
> archive server to keep my mailbox clean and fast.
>
> Is there any way to achieve the same using any pre-built binary shipped
> with dovecot ?
>

> Thanks and Regards
>
> Joy

Classical Mail Archive means store a copy of all incoming mail ( without
spam )

like i.e here

https://sys4.de/de/blog/2013/02/07/mailarchiv-mit-dovecot-und-postfix-sortiert-nach-datum-mailadressen-und-ein-ausgehend-unterordnern/

But i think you want something other, perhaps some imapsync via cron
daily executed at the archive server ,from your active mailbox to your
archive mailbox for mail older then 6 months

http://linux.die.net/man/1/imapsync

watch

[--maxage <int>]
[--minage <int>]

for archive mailbox on the same dovecot server

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/Move
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/SearchQuery

may also solve it

Best Regards