how to run dovecot imap on separate server from postfix?

Robert Fantini robertfantini at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 21:51:54 UTC 2015

Hello Reindl,   thank you for the response.

I want to make sure that the postfix delivery does  not give up trying to
get the email delivered when the  lmtp host is not reachable.      I do not
just want to assume that the default settings are correct for us.

 Are there  postfix or other settings which can be checked and adjusted?