lazy_expunge + mdbox

fernando.figaro at uol.com.br fernando.figaro at uol.com.br
Wed Feb 18 22:00:18 UTC 2015

It appears to me that this issue is related to how lazy_expunge and last_instance work with mdbox - that is different from maildir.

With maildir, the message is moved to the expunged namespace only when the last copy is removed (example: from trash folder).

With mdbox, first time when you move message from one folder to another, dovecot creates a copy in the expunge namespace. When you delete messages or expunge them from Trash folder (example, nightly 'doveadm expunge' cronjob) they are simply deleted because they already have copies at expunged namespace.

@Timo, is that correct ? This is what I could understand from my tests.

Thanks,
Fernando