Metadata suport for public mailboxes

Sergio Talens-Oliag sto at iti.es
Wed Feb 25 08:57:06 UTC 2015

I'm using the latest version of dovecot (2.2.15) and I was trying to use a
public namespace with metadata; I've found that it works for the users with
enough permissions to set the metadata, but the values are set per user, that
is, each user has its own metadata and does not see the values set by others.

That sounds OK, as my mail_attribute_dict is configured as follows:

  mail_attribute_dict = file:/srv/vmail/%d/spool/%n/dovecot-metadata

But for public mailboxes it would make sense to set the metadata in a user
independent mode.

Searching around I've found the following on the dovecot changelog:

  2013-11-02  Timo Sirainen  <tss at iki.fi>
    [...]
    TODO:
    - Metadata doesn't work for public namespaces. There should probably
      be a mail_attribute_public_dict setting for that.
    [...]

So my guess that the mail_attribute_public_dict is not available.

Is that the case or has it been implemented in a different way?

Thanks in advance,

  Sergio

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto at iti.es>               <http://www.iti.es/>
Key fingerprint = FF77 A16B 9D09 FC7B 6656 CFAD 261D E19A 578A 36F2