Sieve permissions issue following update

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Jan 1 16:22:02 UTC 2015

On 1/1/2015 4:17 PM, Robert Blayzor wrote:
> On Jan 1, 2015, at 9:58 AM, Robert Blayzor <rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net> wrote:
>>> Hmm. This smells like a bug. I notice that your modification times of
>>> the .sieve and .svbin file are exactly the same (that is somewhat
>>> unusual). I'm looking at a potential bug that would explain your problem.
>>>
>>> To confirm, could you try running sievec again, so that the .svbin is
>>> actually newer than the .sieve?
>
> If it makes any difference at all...  I only see this using "dovecot-lda".  If I change my Exim transport to use Dovecot's LMTP, I do not see this problem.

That is odd.

You can try the latest version. I've added some more debugging regarding
the up-to-date check.

> For the record also, the script DOES still execute (the compiled version that exists), even after the error...

It compiles, so it can be executed. It just cannot store the binary for
future use. So, it will work as normal, but it is not efficient as it
compiles the Sieve script for every incoming message.

Regards,

Stephan.