mdbox GUID

Nagy, Attila bra at fsn.hu
Sun Jan 4 16:08:21 UTC 2015

Hi,

The dbox page says:
"Each message has a 128 bit globally unique identifier (GUID)"
I guess this is what guid_128_generate() generates.

Is this believed to be really globally unique?

As far as I can tell, in the current architecture they are -given there
are enough time precision-, because all dovecot daemons are single
threaded, so they have concurrency but doesn't have parallelism (they
are not multi threaded).

I would like to list all of the messages, with this GUID as the unique
identifier, so a collision would be fatal here...