auth-deny : from file to LDAP

Thomas HUMMEL hummel at pasteur.fr
Fri Jan 9 10:02:48 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 09:00:53AM +0100, Steffen Kaiser wrote:

> The deny=yes is a special syntax: If this passdb matches -> deny, there is
> no ExtraField "deny".

Thanks for your answer. That's what I thought after my tests. This explains why
I was still able to log in...

> but keep in mind that you do not "deny" an user knowingly, but that this user
> is not found. The semantic is different.

I know, I thought about that. But still what could be the unwanted side effects
?

> What you could try - I do not remember anybody posting something like this -
> - is to combine a ldap passdb with deny=yes.

I thought about that too, but that would mean setting up another LDAP
directory, which I find a little bit overkill.

Thanks.

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Groupe Exploitation et Infrastructure