[SERVERBUG] failed to send mail with SA and antispam plugin

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 07:10:08 UTC 2015

Hehe sure. Here would be the output of dovecot -n on my maibox server:

# 2.1.7: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 x86_64 Debian 7.8 ext4
auth_master_user_separator = *
auth_mechanisms = plain login cram-md5
disable_plaintext_auth = no
first_valid_uid = 150
last_valid_uid = 150
login_trusted_networks = X.Y.Z.X
mail_location = maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%n/Maildir
mail_plugins = quota
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave
namespace inbox {
inbox = yes
location =
mailbox Drafts {
special_use = \Drafts
}
mailbox Junk {
special_use = \Junk
}
mailbox Sent {
special_use = \Sent
}
mailbox "Sent Messages" {
special_use = \Sent
}
mailbox Spam {
auto = subscribe
special_use = \Junk
}
mailbox Trash {
special_use = \Trash
}
prefix = INBOX.
separator = .
}
passdb {
args = /etc/dovecot/master-users
driver = passwd-file
master = yes
pass = yes
}
passdb {
args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
driver = sql
}
plugin {
antispam_backend = pipe
antispam_pipe_program = /usr/bin/spamc
antispam_pipe_program_args = -d;my-mx-server.domain.com;-u;amavis
antispam_pipe_program_notspam_args = -L;ham
antispam_pipe_program_spam_args = -L;spam
antispam_pipe_tmpdir = /tmp
antispam_signature = X-Spam-Flag
antispam_signature_missing = error
antispam_spam = INBOX.Spam;INBOX.Junk
antispam_trash = INBOX.trash;trash;INBOX.Trash;Trash;INBOX.Deleted Items;Deleted Items;INBOX.Deleted Messages;Deleted Messages
antispam_verbose_debug = 1
quota = maildir:User quota
quota_rule = *:storage=1G
quota_rule2 = INBOX.Trash:storage=+100M
quota_warning = storage=95%% quota-warning 95 %u
quota_warning2 = storage=80%% quota-warning 80 %u
sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
sieve_after = /etc/dovecot/sieve/after.d
sieve_before = /etc/dovecot/sieve/before.d
sieve_dir = ~/sieve
}
postmaster_address = postmaster at domain.com
protocols = " imap lmtp sieve pop3"
service auth {
inet_listener {
port = 12345
}
}
service imap {
process_limit = 4096
}
service lmtp {
inet_listener lmtp {
port = 24
}
}
service quota-warning {
executable = script /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh
unix_listener quota-warning {
user = vmail
}
user = vmail
}
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/wildcard-w-ca.comain.com.crt
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/wildcard.domain.com.key
userdb {
driver = passwd
}
userdb {
args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
driver = sql
}
userdb {
driver = prefetch
}
verbose_proctitle = yes
protocol lmtp {
mail_plugins = quota sieve
}
protocol lda {
lda_mailbox_autocreate = yes
mail_plugins = quota sieve
}
protocol imap {
mail_plugins = quota imap_quota antispam
}
protocol pop3 {
pop3_uidl_format = %f
}

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:06 PM, Pascal Volk <user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org> wrote:
On 01/14/2015 03:05 PM, ML mail wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using the antispam plugin of Dovecot with SpamAssassin and in some cases when users move back mails from the Spam folder to their INBOX (false positive) they get the following error message:
>
> [SERVERBUG] failed to send mail
>
> Does anyone have an idea what could be the issue here? It is quite annoying as the mail then stays in the Spam folder and can not been re-learnt has ham.

Someone has stolen my crystal ball. :-(
Please provide `doveconf -n` output.

Regards,
Pascal