dsync-remote: Error: Failed to set attribute

Alexander Moisseev moiseev at mezonplus.ru
Fri Jan 16 14:03:29 UTC 2015

1. I am looking for backup solution for mdbox with SIS and experimenting with dsync.
I am planning to do it like that:
doveadm backup [deSISing] => transmitting to remote host => dsync-server [SISing]

Is there more convenient method?

2. I have dovecot 2.2.15 on both hosts. The local host is a mail server. Dovecot on the remote host neither running nor configured (I have created an empty dovecot.conf in the config dir).

When I tried to back up mailbox from local to remote host with command

doveadm backup -P -u user at domain.tld \
ssh -c blowfish -i /tmp/vmail/.ssh/id_dsa vmail at remotehost \
doveadm \
-o mail_location=mdbox:/tmp/vmail/domain.tld/user/mdbox \
-o mail_attachment_dir=/tmp/vmail/attachments \
dsync-server

I got error messages:

dsync-remote(vmail): Error: Mailbox INBOX: Failed to set attribute vendor/vendor.dovecot/pvt/server/sieve/files/roundcube: Internal attributes cannot be changed directly
dsync-remote(vmail): Error: Mailbox INBOX: Failed to set attribute vendor/vendor.dovecot/pvt/server/sieve/files/main: Internal attributes cannot be changed directly
dsync-remote(vmail): Error: Mailbox INBOX: Failed to set attribute vendor/vendor.dovecot/pvt/server/sieve/files/test: Internal attributes cannot be changed directly
dsync-remote(vmail): Error: Mailbox INBOX: Failed to set attribute vendor/vendor.dovecot/pvt/server/sieve/default: Internal attributes cannot be changed directly

What do that errors mean? Does dsync try to replicate sieve scripts?

--
Alexander