sieve filter not working

Christian Kivalo ml+dovecot at valo.at
Sat Jan 24 20:49:56 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-24 17:13, Michael Williamson wrote:

> OK, thanks.
>
> Now I ask, am I better off enabling dovecot lda with the sieve spam
> filter, or using postfix for filter?

I'd definitly go for dovecot lda, that way you can use sieve to filter
your mails.

I am using lmtp from postfix to dovecot following the directions in:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixDovecotLMTP

The howto's linked to from the dovecot wiki contain much valuable
information and helped me allot in configuring dovecot/postfix.

It depends on your distribution if postfix is chrooted or not and what
path to the dovecot lmtp socket needs to be configured. In the wiki the
postfix 'mailbox_transport' configuration is for a chrooted postfix
instance as for example seen on Debian.

> -Mike

- christian