LDA input validation

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jan 26 09:09:02 UTC 2015

Am 26.01.2015 um 08:52 schrieb Steffen Kaiser:
> On Sun, 25 Jan 2015, Joseph Tam wrote:
>> St?phane Cottin writes:
>
>>> dspam already send errors to syslog, the point here is to never loose
>>> email contents.  This was a wrong design, i'm now use a wrapper instead
>>> ( see my previous post for details ).
>
>> You're stilling going to lose contents.  If dspam fails, the mail
>> is dumped, the LDA returns exit code 75, and the MTA will probably
>> issue a bounce Email to the sender.
>
> which would be OK, if "never loose email contents" means "no message is
> discarded silently".

no, it is not OK to backscatter because the spamfilter fails

realize that 99% auf junk is using forged senders

recently i got each day some hundret such bounces from mailservers
configured by fools reply to spam with forged senders and if i could i
would have gone out for beat every responsible admin straight in the face