Indexing Mail faster

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 07:34:42 UTC 2015

Kevin writes:

> Appreciate if you could help with this. I have been trying to address this
> "slow search" issue for a while with very limited success(I was trying to
> implement FTS also), so I will appreciate if you could support.

When I'm stumped, one of the diagnostic tools I use is process tracing.
Connect via IMAP, in another window/session process trace the IMAP worker
process (Linux: strace -r -otrace.dump {pid})), initiate the search and
quit.  Then you can look through the trace and see whether it gets hung on
a particular operation.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>