Indexing Mail faster

Thom Miller thom at cagroups.com
Thu Jan 29 08:02:29 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-01-29 at 15:56 +0800, Kevin Laurie wrote:
> Hey Joseph
> Thanks. Strace seems like a very useful tool
> Only problem is that I dont think it is maintained on ubuntu.
> Tried to run:-
> apt-get install strace but could not download it.
> Might need to download and build it. Do you know any other way of getting
> it?
> Thanks
> Kevin A.

try apt-cache search strace

On Jessie (I'm not running Ubuntu) I get:

devscripts - scripts to make the life of a Debian Package maintainer
easier
dnstracer - trace DNS queries to the source
ioapps - IO profiler and IO traces replayer
netsniff-ng - Linux network packet sniffer toolkit
python-ptrace - Python bindings for ptrace
strace - System call tracer
subversion-tools - Assorted tools related to Apache Subversion
xtrace - trace communication between X client and server

You should be able to find the appropriate package to install to get
strace.

-Thom