dovecot-lmtp

Steven Hopps shopps at pridetechdesign.com
Wed Jul 1 17:19:42 UTC 2015

I tried copying virtual_transport to mailbox_transport and started
receiving user unknown and no such user errors. Current configuration
output follows:

virtual_transport = lmtp:unix:private/dovecot-lmtp
mailbox_transport =

# 2.1.7: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 x86_64 Debian 7.8
auth_mechanisms = plain login
mail_debug = yes
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
namespace inbox {
   inbox = yes
   location =
   mailbox Drafts {
     special_use = \Drafts
   }
   mailbox Junk {
     special_use = \Junk
   }
   mailbox Sent {
     special_use = \Sent
   }
   mailbox "Sent Messages" {
     special_use = \Sent
   }
   mailbox Trash {
     special_use = \Trash
   }
   prefix =
}
passdb {
   driver = pam
}
plugin {
   sieve = file:~/sieve;active=~/Maildir/filters.sieve
}
protocols = lmtp imap
service auth {
     group = postfix
     mode = 0660
     user = postfix
   }
}
}
service lmtp {
   unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
     group = postfix
     user = postfix
   }
}
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key
userdb {
   driver = passwd
}
protocol lmtp {
   hostname = domain.com
   mail_plugins = " sieve"
   postmaster_address = postmaster at domain.com
}

Steven Hopps || shopps at pridetechdesign.com
424-888-0443 || http://www.pridetechdesign.com

= Ask about my Security Tune-Up & 24/7 Server Monitoring! =