duplicate namespace prefix

Daniel Tröder troeder at univention.de
Thu Jul 2 06:26:47 UTC 2015

Am 02.07.2015 um 00:51 schrieb jjhoffart:
> Hello,
> 	I am in the process of setting up a server that is running to invocations of dovecot. One of the invocations is acting as a backend and the other as a Director. I believe I have most of the configuration complete but I keep running into the following error:
>
> Jul 01 14:17:04 lda(postmaster at mydomain.com: Error: user postmaster at mydomain.com: Initialization failed: namespace configuration error: Duplicate namespace prefix: ""
> Jul 01 14:17:04 lda(postmaster@åmydomain.com: Fatal: Invalid user settings. Refer to server log for more information.
>
> Not sure where to go from here and most of my searches on the error have lead me to dead ends hoping someone can help me out.
>
> Thanks.
Each namespace must have a different prefix. The only namespace with an
empty prefix is the private one for the users inboxes. Configure a
different prefix one for each namespace. http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Namespaces

namespace foo {
  separator = /
  prefix = foo/      <--- prefix must end in separator symbol
  list = children
  location = maildir:/var/spool/...
}

Daniel