Outlook 2013 not fetching new mail/synchronization issues

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Thu Jul 2 11:26:45 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2 Jul 2015 13:16:06 +0300, Dragos Pacher stated:

>I also set IMAP on 143 TLS, removed Root folder path and left everything
>unchecked in outlook delete.
>
>Emails are still not fetching.
>
>Any other ideas ?

Have you use any other MUA to download emails prior to Outlook? Is any other
MUA running in the background when attempting to use Outlook? I have no idea
at this point what your problem is. I have a basic Dovecot configuration, and
it seems to work fine with Outlook 2013. This is the Dovecot config:

# 2.2.18: /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.4.8 (0c4ae064f307+)
# OS: FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p10 amd64  ufs
auth_mechanisms = plain login cram-md5 digest-md5
lda_mailbox_autocreate = yes
lda_mailbox_autosubscribe = yes
log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/vmail/%d/gerard
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave duplicate
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  mailbox Drafts {
    special_use = \Drafts
  }
  mailbox Junk {
    special_use = \Junk
  }
  mailbox Sent {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox "Sent Messages" {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox Trash {
    special_use = \Trash
  }
  prefix =
}
passdb {
  args = username_format=%u /usr/local/etc/dovecot/user/passwd
  driver = passwd-file
}
passdb {
  args = scheme=CRYPT username_format=%u /usr/local/etc/dovecot/user/passwd
  driver = passwd-file
}
passdb {
  args = scheme=CRYPT username_format=%u /usr/local/etc/dovecot/user/passwd
  driver = passwd-file
}
plugin {
  sieve_global_dir = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/sieve/
  sieve_global_path = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve
}
postmaster_address = postmaster at seibercom.net
service auth {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0666
    user = postfix
  }
  unix_listener auth-userdb {
    group = vmail
    mode = 0666
    user = vmail
  }
}
service imap-login {
  inet_listener imap {
    port = 143
  }
  inet_listener imaps {
    port = 993
    ssl = yes
  }
}
service pop3-login {
  inet_listener pop3 {
    port = 110
  }
  inet_listener pop3s {
    port = 995
    ssl = yes
  }
}
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_cipher_list = AES128+EECHD:AES128+EDH
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/dovecot.pem
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers = yes
ssl_protocols = !SSLv2 !SSLv3
userdb {
  args = username_format=%u /usr/local/etc/dovecot/user/passwd
  default_fields = uid=vmail gid=vmail
  driver = passwd-file
}
userdb {
  driver = passwd
}
userdb {
  args = username_format=%u /usr/local/etc/dovecot/user/passwd
  driver = passwd-file
}
version_ignore = yes
protocol lda {
  mail_plugins = sieve
}

Have you tried using "tripwire" to see what is happening or enlised the help
of anyone on those MS Forums I sent you? There is a tech forum for Outlook.
I don't have the URL handy right now, but I will look it up.

BTW, did you make sure Outlook has the latest updates installed? The latest
version is 15.0.4727.1003

I believe you did set "Enable troubleshooting" under <File> <Options>
<Advanced>  (near the bottom of the list).It requires a restart of Outlook.

Have you <right clicked> on the folder name and then "IMAP Folders" and
seeing if al of the folders are present? You could try the same thing only
check "Update Folder List". Also check "Account Property's" <Rules &
Alerts. A faulty rule might be causing the problem. Outlook will usually list
a faulty or broken rule in red.

--
Jerry