Admin access to sieve filters with managesieve

Christian Theune ct at flyingcircus.io
Wed Jul 15 08:51:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

thanks for the pointer! I’ll get this checked out.

Happy if the master user is not a regular account. Thanks for the clarification! :)

Christian

> On 15 Jul 2015, at 08:44, Daniel Tröder <troeder at univention.de> wrote:
>
> Am 15.07.2015 um 07:24 schrieb Felix Zielcke:
>> Am Dienstag, den 14.07.2015, 22:44 +0200 schrieb Christian Theune:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I’ve been a long-time user of Cyrus and started using sieve with
>>> Dovecot recently. A question that came up is: how do I access a
>>> users’s sieve scripts through managesieve without their credentials?
>>> Managesieve allows separating authentation and the corresponding
>>> mailbox identification, right? That’s what I used with cyrus sieve
>>> all the time. :)
>>>
>>> I didn’t find documentation in the wiki or googling where to
>>> configure someone as admin in Dovecot so he can access foreign sieve
>>> scripts through managesieve.
>>>
>>> Pointers? Am I using the right words?
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Dovecot has Master Users which can login as other users.
>>
>> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication/MasterUsers
>>
>> But I don't know if this also applies to managesieve and works for you.
> It work for managesieve as well - I use it upon account creation to
> upload a 1st user script.
> @Christian: to not get confused: a master user is not a user account. It
> can only login as someone else!
>
> Greetings
> Daniel

—
Christian Theune · ct at flyingcircus.io · +49 345 219401 0
Flying Circus Internet Operations GmbH · http://flyingcircus.io
Forsterstraße 29 · 06112 Halle (Saale) · Deutschland
HR Stendal HRB 21169 · Geschäftsführer: Christian. Theune, Christian. Zagrodnick