Helper to open "/doc/wiki/.." paths; suggestions

Christian Jaeger chrjae at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 21:12:11 UTC 2015

I wrote this script to have an easier time looking at the doc paths
referenced from the default configuration files (currently using
dovecot in Debian oldstable).

Feel free to include in the distribution or wherever.

Probably a better solution would be to publish the config files with
the paths already expanded to the online URL, or a local filesystem
path that works (in the latter case, I'd wish the docs would be
bundled in html format). I wonder whether to approach the debian
maintainer about this or the Dovecot team? Definitely something for
the maintainer is to put the bundled docs in a place where I would
have expected it (/usr/share/docs/dovecot/wiki/ instead of
/usr/share/docs/dovecot-core/dovecot/wiki/, or a dovecot-doc package,
also, links or mentions from the doc dirs of all dovecot packages to
the docs).

Also, I think there should be a README document that serves as the
first introduction of the user to how to configure the system: how are
the config files split up, what does "!include" mean (why the "!"? Is
it a comment char?), other rules on the config file format. I.e. the
basics to enable the new user to go about reading the current config
and where to find further docs/help.

Thanks & Cheers,
Christian.