Client Limit reached in Dovecot

Daniel Tröder troeder at univention.de
Tue Jul 21 08:56:42 UTC 2015

Am 21.07.2015 um 10:35 schrieb Chandran Manikandan:
> Dear Friends,
> I have faced below issues since two weeks to till now. Could anyone help me
> to rectify this issue.
>
> Below message retrieve from logs and getting disconnection from Outlook and
> other email clients.
>
> Error Message
>
> Jul 20 10:33:35 master: Warning: service(imap-login): process_limit (100)
> reached, client connections are being dropped
>
> My local.conf from dovecot folder
>
> protocol imap {
>   imap_client_workarounds = "delay-newmail"
>   mail_max_userip_connections = 20
>    default_process_limit = 300
> }
This should be just "process_limit" without "default". But it's
unnecessary, as you set globally default_process_limit.

> 10-master.conf
>
> default_process_limit = 300
> default_client_limit = 1000
>
> service imap-login {
>   inet_listener imap {
>     # process_limit = 15
>     # client_limit = 300
>     #port = 143
>   }
It is the "imap-login" process_limit that is reached. With the set
default_process_limit=300 this shouldn't happen. So maybe there is some
setting somewhere else, that is not shown. Please supply the output of:

doveconf -S | egrep '(default|imap/|imap-login).*(limit|service_count)'

Greetings
Daniel Tröder