help, permissions issues

alvin alvin.sm at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Mon Jul 27 21:47:14 UTC 2015

hi

> Hey everyone I've tried changing the permissions with the file it is telling me is giving me the issue, restarted exim and the computer, but still can't get dovecot to start.
>
> 2.2.13
> > dovecot -F
> doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-ssl.conf line 14: ssl_cert: Can't open file /etc/exim/openssl/exim.crt: Permission denied

wag ...

chown root.root /etc/exim/openssl
chmod 750 /etc/exim/openssl

chown root.root /etc/exim/openssl/exim.*
chmod 400 /etc/exim/openssl/exim.*

OpenSSL certs should always be read only by root

you might want to check the docs regarding uid/gid running dovecot
and uid/gid of dovenull
and permissions for the dovecot dir tree /etc/dovecot*

wag ... i think it should not be owned by exim

> ssl_cert = </etc/exim/openssl/exim.crt
> ssl_key = </etc/exim/openssl/exim.key

pixie dust
alvin