Deafness

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Wed Jul 29 06:22:32 UTC 2015

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015, Steffan Cline wrote:

please, don't top post.

> I checked 993 since I was using SSL for sending/receiving but imagine it’ll look the same if I check any of the other ports.
>
> When I tested via telnet, I checked from my home, not on the server to itself. “telnet host.com imap”

Then take Chris's suggestion into account and re-try from localhost in
order to rule out network problems.

> I don’t have an answer for you on the state yet since it’s working at the moment.
>
> As far as which processes, I try to connect and no matter what, I don’t get the greeting in this state.

Can you connect to other ports of the machine? Or perhaps ping?
If the network simply drops all packets, you would get your described
problem easily, incl. the SYN_RECV connections.

> On 7/28/15, 10:53 PM, "dovecot on behalf of Steffen Kaiser" <dovecot-bounces at dovecot.org on behalf of skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de> wrote:

- --
Steffen Kaiser