Dovecot under Linux with mail-extension and case insesitiv

Sascha sascha+dovecot at valckenier-kips.de
Thu Jul 30 18:13:54 UTC 2015

Am 30.07.2015 um 08:52 schrieb Jost Krieger:
> On Wed Jul 29 22:42:32 2015, Sascha wrote:
>
>> i use doevecot 2.2.18 current. My Problem is with email-extension and
>> case sensitiv folders.
>>
>> Example:
>> user+extenstion will be delivered to the user and subfolder extenstion
>> so this is okay.
>> but user+extenstion will not be delivert to the user and exiting
>> subfolder Extenstion so that is not okay.
>> The mail will be also delivered in the subfolder extension. The exiting
>> Folder Extension will not used.
>>
>> Give's a way to tell dovecot, use the extension as a Folder, if a
>> exiting folder with Upper/Lower Cases will be detect and use the right
>> folder to delivery?
>
> Unfortunately you didn't tell us which part of dovecot is doing the
> delivery and which structure your folders are. That could be lda, lmtp
> or even your MTA. But I am quite sure that you can't match existing
> folders case-insensistively, except if you are working on a
> case-insensitive filesystem *and* not using dbox. In this case it
> shouldn't depend on the delivery method.
>
> Yours
> Jost Krieger
Current the delivery will be made with lda from postfix.
With a case-insensitive filesystem i would try but my vserver
installation has a kernel without fuse modul and ciopfs need this. This
is also not possible for me.
Another idea was to change the dovecot code to detect the right
upper/lower Case names from folder, but on update this will be override,
so i'dont wont it.
I will use the MailDir format not dbox.

Thanks,
Regards Sascha