Dovecot under Linux with mail-extension and case insesitiv

Sascha sascha+dovecot at valckenier-kips.de
Thu Jul 30 18:24:30 UTC 2015

Am 30.07.2015 um 08:37 schrieb Steffen Kaiser:
> On Wed, 29 Jul 2015, Sascha wrote:
>
> > Example:
> > user+extenstion will be delivered to the user and subfolder extenstion
> > so this is okay.
> > but user+extenstion will not be delivert to the user and exiting
> > subfolder Extenstion so that is not okay.
> > The mail will be also delivered in the subfolder extension. The exiting
> > Folder Extension will not used.
>
> > Give's a way to tell dovecot, use the extension as a Folder, if a
> > exiting folder with Upper/Lower Cases will be detect and use the right
> > folder to delivery?
>
> you want:
>
> user+extension &
> user+Extension &
> user+eXtension &
> user+eXtENSioN a.s.o
>
> to be filed into the existing extension folder of the user, or into
> Extension, if that one exists already, or ... .
>
> No, there is not natively (currently).
>
> However, there might be tricks with Sieve and external programs, so
> that you can use "fileinto". I guess you need to reprase your subject
> line, in order to trigger Stephan's interest. :-)
>
> -- Steffen Kaiser
Hello Steffen,

yes, this is was i mean and my hope was, i need no sieve Script. My
current mailserver dbmail can this but has 2 bugs without fixes as the
last year. One horde with activesync give me on move/delete message an
error in ios client and the second is 7bit encoded mails will me show in
horde an mobile devices as attachment. On mobile devices i can't read
the message.
Now i will convert to other mailserver and i have tryed dovecot. At the
moment everything shows good for me but this one are current stop me to
convert the server at the moment.

If you have a good solution, with possible autodetect exiting folder, i
will be very happy.

Thanks,
Regards Sascha

geprüft. > https://www.avast.com/antivirus >