sharing INBOX with ACL -> share all folders

Chris Ross cross at distal.com
Tue Jul 28 14:38:37 UTC 2015

> On Jul 28, 2015, at 05:13, Marco Giunta <giunta at sissa.it> wrote:
>
> Hi at all,
> I have a problem with ACL; I want to share INBOX and Sent folder to an other user, but when I configure ACL on INBOX, all folders are shared (Sent, Junk, Draft, Trash, etc)

  Hello, Marco.  Unfortunately I don’t know why you are seeing the behavior you are, and hope that someone else will be able to help.

  However, you seem to have accomplished something I’m wanting to do, and have as yet been unable to get working.  I have a Users INBOX that I want to share to other users, but something is wrong with the way I’ve configured ACLs and sharing.

  Perhaps we could discuss off-list more of what your configuration looks like, and how you got there?  I’m running on FreeBSD with the ports system version of  dovecot2 2.2.16, currently, although I think I’m due an upgrade.

  You say you’re have "My Dovecot instance use a single user”, and I think that’s different than I.  My Maildir directories and files are all owned by the UNIX user that owns the file.  Maybe this is causing me the permissions problems I’m seeing.  Is having it all running as one [UNIX] user a typical configuration for dovecot2?  Or just typical of installations using ACLs?

  Thank you.

                                         - Chris