Pop3 service stops responding

Victor Benincasa vbenincasa.listas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 18:46:52 UTC 2015

Hello Mike,

Same thing here with one of our servers on the last week, but it only
affected
IMAP service and local connections.

The dovecot was not responding about 10% of attempted connections.

We could not find any hints in the logs, and the problem was unrelated to
connections limit or dovecot configuration (we also tried the default
setting).

Nothing solved the problem (service restart, default config, etc) only a
server
reboot.

CentOS 6.6 x64
Dovecot 2.2.18

*Victor Benincasa*
CIO / CTO :: Networks, Apps, Systems, Security, High-end support