Outlook Express with XP...

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Wed Jun 3 02:30:26 UTC 2015

On 1 Jun 2015, at 17:27, SH Development <listaccount at starionline.com> wrote:
> Outlook Express on Win XP receives just fine, but will not send.

Outlook Express hasn’t been supported in.. What, 5 years?

Before that, it barely worked for … I dunno, the previous 5 years?

It’s never played well with secure servers.

> Using SSL, ports 993, 587 PLAINTEXT

As best I can recall, OE never supported authentication on port 587 and instead had its own bastard setting.

I dropped suport for OE clients when Microsoft did, and barely supported OE before that. There are literally hundreds of more capable clients, including webmail.

--
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said but I am
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.