SIS attachments compressed

Juan Carlos Sanchez juancarlos.sanchez at upm.es
Wed Jun 3 15:29:30 UTC 2015

Hello:

In case it is defined to use zlib compression, does SIS save attachments
compressed?

I have found this question replied in the past (2012) and the answer was
NO. I ask again just to know if there have been changes or if it is in
the roadmap to add compression.

I have been testing to migrate from maildir+zlib to mdbox+zlib+sis and
the results, in terms of space used, and worst than using just
mdbox+zlib (without SIS), and suppose the reason in the lack of
compression in attachments.

Thanks in advance.

Juan Carlos Sanchez Hernandez
Responsable de  Seguridad y Correo Electronico
Servicio de Planificacion Informatica y Comunicaciones
Universidad Politecnica de Madrid
Rectorado
Avda. Ramiro de Maeztu 7
28040 Madrid