Dovecot mbox & other programs

Marcus Rueckert darix at opensu.se
Mon Jun 8 21:17:50 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-08 23:11:09 +0200, Pali Rohár wrote:
> Still I want read/write access to storage and want to use mbox as
> storage (also for easier backup and copy)...

1. backup is actually much easier for maildir.
2. especially when you want to deleting mails in the mbox file it is a
   lot of rewriting data. compared to just unlinking the files.

> And my question was how to properly read and write from/to mbox files
> which are used by dovecot.

Through the imap protocol or at least the same locking mechanism
configured in dovecot.

   darix

--
           openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux