Dovecot mbox & other programs

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 13:05:25 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 09 June 2015 08:44:06 Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 6/9/2015 8:36 AM, Charles Marcus <CMarcus at Media-Brokers.com> wrote:
> > On 6/8/2015 5:11 PM, Pali RohĂĄr <pali.rohar at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Still I want read/write access to storage and want to use mbox as
> >> storage (also for easier backup and copy)...
> >>
> >> And my question was how to properly read and write from/to mbox files
> >> which are used by dovecot.
> > There is no method for doing this.
>
> Guess that should have read:
>
> There is no 'proper' or safe way for doing this.

Ok, thanks for information!

Anyway I think that for atomic/snapshot read of mbox file should be ok
(when lock is not acquired by dovecot). Or not?

And which emails in mbox are used only internally by dovecot? Only those
which have X-IMAPbase header? Or are there any other emails which should
I ignore when I parse mbox file (for read access)?

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com