Error starting 1.0.15 with SSL_DISABLE=No

Steve Matzura number6 at noisynotes.com
Thu Jun 11 12:24:47 UTC 2015

Mark:

On Wed, 10 Jun 2015 18:38:11 +0200, you wrote:

>On 2015-06-10 12:22:45 -0400, Steve Matzura wrote:
>> When starting Dovecot 1.0.15 after building it from source using the
>> standard procedure, I receive the following message when starting,
>> even though SLL_DISABLE=No:
>>
>> Error: SSL support not compiled in but ssl_disable=no
>> Fatal: Invalid configuration in /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
>>
>> How is SSL support configured and built in? I know it has something to
>> do with the --SSL_CFLAGS flag.
>
>it is a build time thing. also 1.0.15?! you know latest is 2.2.18.

Yes, and it's quite likely that I'll wind up going there anyway, but I
thought to put 1.0.15 in because it's what we already have running on
the old system. I think I'm going to trash that idea and go for the
current version. Which then begs the question, how are manually
installed (i.e., configured and built from source) versions removed
correctly?