Mail to nowhere

Steve Matzura number6 at noisynotes.com
Tue Jun 16 15:44:39 UTC 2015

The next phase of my testing procedure involves the simple act of
delivering mail to my test box. When I send a message to either a
valid or relayed user at my remote machine's address, it never gets
there. I know this virtually for sure because I'm tailing
/var/log/maillog and nothing new has been added for the past hour. I'm
thinking eventually my ISP will send the message back to me as
undeliverable, and in that bounced message there may be some
information about why it was undeliverable, but maybe someone has a
thought as to why I'm not even seeing anything attempt to connect?