LMTP with Postfix Problem

Steve Matzura number6 at noisynotes.com
Thu Jun 18 02:35:32 UTC 2015

Here's a maillog entry that's one of many I receive when I try sending
a test message to my system. The recipient is a virtual user in
/etc/virtual. The way I'm expecting it to work is that my message from
me to this Postfix virtual user will be sent back to me. Every time
the message delivery is attempted, Dovecot says the LMTP directory
doesn't exist. I thought it was created automatically as messages
arrive.

Jun 18 01:48:27 <machine-name> postfix/lmtp[30644]: 4CA5B8CB6:
to=<postmaster@<my-domain>>, orig_to=<postmaster>, relay=none,
delay=0.02, delays=0.02/0/0/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to
<my-FQDN>[private/dovecot-lmtp]: No such file or directory)