Virtual Mailboxes

Daniel Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Sat Jun 20 21:21:24 UTC 2015

Having some trouble with my first attempt at virtual mailboxes.  I've enabled the plugin in 10-mail.conf, added a virtual namespace, and created the dovecot-virtual files in the folders.

I see the folder names in the list when I refresh the folders available for subscription - but the folders cannot be subscribed to and I can't view their contents.  What obvious mistake did I make?
doveconf -n:
auth_cache_size = 4 k
auth_mechanisms = plain login
default_login_user = nobody
default_vsz_limit = 1 G
dict {
  acl = mysql:/usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-sql.conf.ext
}
disable_plaintext_auth = no
listen = *
mail_attachment_dir = /var/mail/attachments
mail_plugins = fts fts_solr acl zlib virtual
mail_shared_explicit_inbox = yes
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date index ihave duplicate
mdbox_rotate_interval = 1 days
mdbox_rotate_size = 32 M
namespace {
  hidden = no
  inbox = yes
  list = yes
  location =
  prefix =
  separator = /
  subscriptions = yes
  type = private
}
namespace {
  list = children
  location = mdbox:/var/mail/%%d/%%n/mdbox
  prefix = shared/%%n/
  separator = /
  subscriptions = no
  type = shared
}
namespace {
  location = virtual:/var/mail/%%d/%%n/mdbox/virtual
  prefix = virtual/
  separator = /
}
passdb {
  args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
  driver = ldap
}
plugin {
  acl = vfile:/usr/local/etc/dovecot/global-acls:cache_secs=300
  acl_shared_dict = proxy::acl
  fts = solr
  fts_autoindex = yes
  fts_solr = break-imap-search url=http://solr.amfes.lan:8983/solr/
  sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_dir = ~/sieve
}
protocols = imap lmtp sieve
service auth {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0660
    user = postfix
  }
  unix_listener auth-userdb {
    group = mail
    mode = 0600
    user = vmail
  }
}
service dict {
  unix_listener dict {
    group = mail
    mode = 0660
    user = vmail
  }
}
service imap-login {
  process_limit = 200
  process_min_avail = 10
  service_count = 1
}
service lmtp {
  process_min_avail = 5
  unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
    group = mail
    mode = 0666
    user = vmail
  }