allowing shell users to change passwords

Felix Zielcke fzielcke at z-51.de
Tue Jun 23 10:57:26 UTC 2015

Am Dienstag, den 23.06.2015, 10:48 +0000 schrieb dave at 661.org:
> Does anyone else here have a need to allow shell users to change
> their
> imap/pop3 passwords?  I came up with a little thing that works
> similarly
> to regular passwd(1), dovepasswd, which can be found at
> https://github.com/DavidGriffith/dovepasswd. ; It does the job for me
> and
> I'd love for other people to take a look and give me some feedback.

If you want you can add my attached script for the horde groupware and
the passwd module of it.
On my own server I'm the only ssh/shell user there.
But for friends/family I want to have them able to change the passwords
themself.
And it looks like your dovepasswd is for normal passwd files like my
horde script.
This is just a quick&dirty one but it seems to work for me.
Note that I only use SHA512-CRYPT scheme.
But feel free to improve it.
Needs to be enabled in the horde/passwd/backends.php config.