a temporary failure

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Tue Jun 23 13:13:58 UTC 2015

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 14:02:53 +0100, lejeczek stated:

>this is freaking weird, and wrong! If I do no configure pam
>nor passwd and no userdb+static then! ...ldap works.
>
>I do use, well I'm trying, pam for system users which are
>not in passwd. PAM gets those system users from LDAP, uid >
>1000.
>I wonder if its possible to have pam auth+lookup for users
>constructed this way: systemuser at local.domain ?

I think you posted your "dovecot -n" and LDAP configuration; however, this
thread has gone on so long untrimmed, that I am now completely lost.

I assume you have shutdown and restarted these applications after making
configuration changes? Sometimes that is the only way to make them work.

--
Jerry